Topic: Issues with sharing databases

There is a bug when sharing a database between users. I had a user share his database read only with my account and I couldn't view it. He changed it to public for all users and allowed me write access. I could then read the data, but I still could not write the data.

Re: Issues with sharing databases

Hi Tom,

What steps are you using to reproduce this issue?

We've tested with two accounts and haven't seen any issues with reading or writing to a shared database.

Just as a suggestion, is the person who's sharing the database entering the correct username to share the database with?

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

One more suggestion: If the person shares the database with you while you are logged in and editing, you may need to refresh the editor to see the database show up in your list.  (We aren't constantly polling for newly shared databases.)

Thanks,
The QuickFuse Team

It has been over a week since the other user shared their data with me for write access. If I open up the table in the databases view I am still unable to edit a row or add a new row.

Additionally, I am subscribed to this thread, but I did not receive an email when you made a posting. Perhaps it is blocked as spam by our internet gateway.

Last edited by thomas.mauti@●○●○● (2010-11-16 16:35:10)

Hi Tom,

We've diagnosed your issue and found that the user who's sharing the databases with you has entered the incorrect username (usernames are case-sensitive).

Once the user who's sharing the databases with you enters the correct username, you should have write access to those databases.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

I would call that a bug for two reasons.  First, the fact that he was able to view it after it was shared proves he was correctly identified and given access but not write access -- indicating that your access controls are behaving inconsistently.  And second, email addresses are almost never case sensitive.

I recommend making your email-based usernames case insensitive.  Otherwise, it's possible for the same email address to be signed up for multiple accounts....

Last edited by daniel.rudman@○○○●○ (2010-11-17 14:44:07)

Hi Dan,

About #1, I believe Tom was able to view the databases since they had been shared to "everyone". However, only write access had been granted T____.m____@○●●●● when it should have been granted to t___.m___@●○●○●

About #2, we have added your suggestion to our internal feature request page to be considered for future releases of QuickFuse.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team