Topic: Programmatically remove rows from SimpleDB and campaigns from MyCampai

Once we get rolling, we'll have more campaigns than we can possible remove manually from the SimpleDB and the MyCampaigns area. It would be very good to have a way to do this programmatically, perhaps from a cron job on our server.

We also need to figure out how we will handle the large number of mp3s that will accumulate.

Thanks.

Re: Programmatically remove rows from SimpleDB and campaigns from MyCampai

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have added your feature requests to our internal feature request page to be considered for a future QuickFuse release.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

How are you coming on this?

Since we will soon have hundreds (hopefully more) campaigns, we need an efficient way to remove the campaigns from My Campaigns.  I can now manually remove at most about 3/minute. This is not a workable situation.

Alternatively, maybe you can tweak the system so an accumulation of campaigns in My Campaigns doesn't slow the browser way down and load tons of stuff into RAM (see info reported under "Feedback:My Database Loads Slow", near the bottom of the thread).

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion and your continued patience on this issue.

Our QuickFuse development team is still working on this problem at reducing the load time for the My Campaigns page.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

+1 for this feature -- the inability to remove rows from a database is a MAJOR obstacle.

Thanks,
Dan Rudman
OnStar

We now have a module for this undergoing testing.  We'll let you know in this thread as soon as it's released.  The module performs a query, similar to the Update Database module, but deletes the rows instead of setting new values.

Best,
QuickFuse Team

Hey everybody,

We've just released a Delete Rows module that does pretty much what was suggested in this thread.

The Delete Rows module allows you to query for a subset of rows from a Simple Database table and have them dropped.  This allows you to systematically remove table rows during the course of a QuickFuse application, instead of updating them with the Update Database module.

For more information, check the module docs or the new tutorial section.