Topic: My Database loads slow

Is there any way to speed up the time it takes to open the MyDatabase page? MyApps opens nice and quickly, but it takes between 20 and 30 seconds each time we need to open My Database page.

Re: My Database loads slow

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have tested this on your account and were able to see this long loading time that you have mentioned for "My Database".

We will look into this issue of speeding up the loading time of that page.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Hi,

Our developers are currently looking to optimize the page loading time for the My Database page if there are numerous campaigns already in place.

In the meantime, you could delete some of the finished campaigns (if any of them were unneeded) or save finished campaigns so that they get moved to the Saved tab. This would speed up the loading time for your My Database page to load.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

I'm not finding any explanation of saving a campaign anywhere in the help. Is that the same as "Save row"? I tried that and I didn't see that anything happened. 

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear in the previous post.

When you go to your My Database page and see your completed campaigns under "My Campaigns", there are two icons under "Actions." Clicking on the left icon for "Save this campaign" will save your campaign in the "Saved" tab (this is located to the right of "My Campaigns" and right underneath the QuickFuse logo). If you click on the "Saved" tab, you'll notice that your campaign was saved there.

From here, you can go back to the "New" tab and delete that campaign to speed up the load time for your My Database page.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Ah--under the "Outbound" panel. I guess I thought that whole panel was just for manually created campaigns.
It keeps freezing up on me: "Page has become unresponsive."

Is that all the campaigns we've run in the last however many months?

What's the relation between what's in that table and what's in the Simple Database tables?

Re: "What's the relation between what's in that table and what's in the Simple Database tables?", I guess what I'm wondering is this: If I delete rows from the SimpleDB, does that also delete the corresponding campaign from "My Campaigns"?

I'm not able to work with "My Campaigns"--each time I try to scroll down to the earliest ones, the page freezes on me.

It's also freezing on me when I try to start from the top and save the latest campaigns.

Hi,

We've looked into your account and have noted the following. You are able to save those campaigns to the "Saved" tab (we've tested it on a Firefox browser on Linux). However, it will take a bit of time and patience for them to be saved. Once you have saved your campaign, you should be able to move forward with deleting your old campaigns (which will also take some time).

We're still looking into optimizing the loading time for that page from the result of all the past outbound campaigns and apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

To say "it will take a bit of time" is an extreme understatement. I just watched on my System Monitor while Firefox tried to save a campaign. One of the CPU cores immediately jumped to 100% and stayed there for 4 minutes (I timed it) until I finally killed Firefox. I also tried on Firefox in windows. It managed a save in 3 minutes, but for the next 5 or 6 minutes I was unable to get into the "Save" tab to see that it actually saved.

This is not workable. I have no idea of how many campaigns are there, since I cannot scroll down without freezing the browser. But if in fact all of the campaigns we've done over the last months are there, that's hundred of campaigns.

Why isn''t there anything anywhere that tells us to delete or save campaigns to avoid this problem?

Anyway, is there some way you can move all those campaigns that are completed to "Saved" from your end? I sure hope so, because otherwise I don't know what we'll do.

Some additional data: Opening QF login page adds about 50MB to my RAM usage; then opening "Database" adds about another 200 MB. That doesn't seem right. It's like all the content of the campaigns is being downloaded rather than just the references to that content. Could that be the problem?

There's not nearly that much data being downloaded, I think. So I can't imagine what's in the code that's filling up RAM. I started with 322MB. After opening Chrome, this forum page and MyDatabase page, there are somewhere between 575MB and 600MB (it fluctuates) in RAM.

Hi,

We've moved your campaigns over to the Saved tab and have cleared up those campaigns from the New tab, so your My Campaigns page should load smoothly now.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Many thanks.

Now my question is whether there's any reason to keep them in "Saved": the only one I can think of is if we were wanting to redo one of them. Is that right? I think we have adequate records of each campaign in our own DB thanks to the webservice SOAP reports.

Hi,

Yes, that's correct. The intended purpose of saving campaigns under the "Saved" tab would be if you were going to re-use them to make an outbound campaign.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Thanks.

Deleting old campaigns isn't going to work significantly better from their "Saved" location. Can you go in and delete everything earlier than October 1 for us?

Here's the record of some of my attempts to delete the saved campaigns:
Here's results for two attempts

openSUSE 11.2:
("Download total" is the cumulative download currently showing in System Monitor)

FIRST ATTEMPT:
Start Firefox  RAM at 365MB Download total initially at about 76MB
Logon to QF    RAM at 394MB Download total 76.8MB
To "Outbound"  RAM at 394MB Download total 77.1MB
To "Saved"Tab  Took 2 minutes with one CPU core at 100% for all of that time.
               RAM at 500MB Download total 77.7MB
Clicked to delete bottom campaign--after 2 minutes screen seemed frozen; one CPU core still at 100%; forced Firefox to close;
               RAM returned to 311MB

SECOND ATTEMPT:
Start Chrome   RAM to 334MB Download total 78MB
Logon to QF Outbound
               RAM to 380MB Download total 78MB
Click "Saved" tab--took 22 seconds to get there; CPU core at 100% for most of that 22 seconds
               RAM to 550MB Download ?
Clicked to delete bottom campaign--took 77 seconds with CPU core at 100%, including 33 seconds to get past the dialog box checking that I wanted to delete the campaign
               RAM to 1.1GB Download total 79.4MB RAM stayed at 1.1GB till I closed the browser.

Windows 7/Firefox
RAM 960MB Cached 1246
Login to QF "Outbound"  RAM 998MB cached 1251
Click "Saved"  34 seconds CPU (combined in Windows Task Mgr graph?)up and down, mostly around 25%?
                        RAM 1.05GB
After about 3 minutes and 6 or more prompts to continue the script I tried to end Firefox, and this took several tries.

So the impact on RAM and CPU seemed different in Windows, but this seemed to be because Firefox frequently stopped doing anything.

Hi,

These campaigns prior to October 1 have been deleted from the Saved tab.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team