Topic: Question about sending emails...

OK, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here or if this is a weird bug. In the email module, whenever I enter my username and password, it switches to the username and password for my Plum admin account. At first, I thought maybe this was some weird obfuscation of the email address and password I entered, but it's actually changing the username and password field away from what I set it. Everything else remains fine. I know this because when I make a test call, it errors out on the email address stating it's bad, as it would if it really is changing it. The email also isn't getting to its destination and the entire app dies and goes to the "Not sent" branch which I have set up to send me a text letting me know something went wrong with the whole thing. That portion is working.

Re: Question about sending emails...

It sounds like your browser's autofill is filling in the username and password fields on the email module. Try turning off your browser's autofill and try again.

If you continue to run into issues, please share the problematic application with this account (username: admin) and we'll take a look.

Re: Question about sending emails...

Ha. I disabled Last Pass, but it looks like somewhere along the way I had saved the password into Chrome and it was doing it's thing with the username/password field.

That works and I feel dumb.

Thanks!