Topic: Speech engine says "speak xml etc etc then crystal speak"

We run outbound campaigns to share information with our employees.

Our employees are reporting that the speech engine is saying things that are not in our app.

What they hear is "speak xml etc etc", then "crystal speak". Then they hear the message we're playing.

Re: Speech engine says "speak xml etc etc then crystal speak"

Could you share the application with us, tell us the name of the application, and list step by step how to recreate the problem? Ie. should we use the run button, or queue an outbound campaign etc, which menu options should we press.

Without seeing your application, our first guess would be that you have mixed up quotes and apostrophes (it's vs. it’s). Please make sure all your prompts use single or double quotes, (' or ") not any apostrophes. Apostrophes appear slightly more curved than the straight quotes. This most often happens when you copy/paste prompts from a word processor, like Microsoft Word.

The app is called "Outbound App-SiteID" and it is shared with admin. I don't see any apostrophes or quotes in any of the prompts. And we use the same app for all Callees but only SiteID=65 has reported the issue.

To reproduce the issue, call the quickfuse outbound queue url:

http://quickfuseapps.com/api/1/outbound … (obscured)
&tablekey=jcurren(obsured):Callee
&dial_col=PhoneNumber
&result_col=outbound_result
&filters[]=SiteID='65'
&params[]=SiteID
&fields[]=SiteID"

Do you know at what point exactly the callers are hearing this issue? From our review, we believe it would be at the Multipart prompt which plays the variable "MessageToSpeak". We have cloned your application and verified that all prompts that are hard-coded in the application for SiteID 65 properly play. Our test calls never pulled a message to play so we only heard silence at that point.

Yes, the caller heard the issue BEFORE any of the prompts in the app. However, I inspected the app for stray apostrophes and quote marks as you suggested. I didn't find any of those but I did find an ellipsis (in version 26) and changed it to a single period. Is it possible that was the problem and it is now corrected?

We do believe you found the problem prompt. We have placed test outbound calls using v26 and v27 (as well as the current revision) of your application. We verified that on the second prompt of v26 we experienced the issue you described. On v27 and the current revision, the prompt no longer experiences this issue.