Topic: Fetch from URL module fails when posting voice recording URL

I have developed a test app that optionally accepts either a) and invoice number or b) a voice recording. If I enter an invoice number, the Fetch from URL module works as designed. If I speak a voice recording, the Fetch from URL module reports "An error occurred while Plum Fuse was processing your application (remainder inaudible).

My web server does NOT show a fetch request.

How can I learn what the actual error is and how to resolve it?

Jeff

Re: Fetch from URL module fails when posting voice recording URL

Hi Jeff,

Can you share the problematic application with this account (username: admin) and tell us step by step how to recreate the issue? Include which menu options to press/which invoice numbers to enter, etc.

Re: Fetch from URL module fails when posting voice recording URL

I was able to prove that the issue was caused by a failure in the Simple DB platform.

When working with voice recordings, the documentation says you MUST write a record to the Simple DB, then read it back in order to get a URL to the voice recording which you can later download.

Our app did exactly that: insert voice recording to DB, select that record back for downstream consumption in the app.

The select was failing saying "No matching rows". Later inspection showed that the required row was in fact there, so what is happening?

Answer: The Simple DB couldn't keep up, i.e., it didn't wrap up the insert and release the record for reads before the select statement was executed.

As a workaround, I moved the select module later in the app to give the Simple DB time to "wrap up" the insert (and unlock the records for later consumption?)

No more failures have occurred since.

Hopefully you can confirm and update the documentation as appropriate.

Thank you.

Last edited by jcurren@○●○○● (2015-12-16 12:59:20)