Topic: Basic HTTP Authentication

It looks like the API uses basic HTTP authentication when receiving data, so can I assume that it can be used when sending data to our servers? If so, I'm not sure how I would go about that since there doesn't seem to be a way to construct a header.

Any helpful in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Basic HTTP Authentication

Hi,

No, QuickFuse's APIs do not use any authentication when sending data.  The API also does not support custom headers.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

After working on this further, it appears you couldn't be more wrong.

So for those who may be reading this in the future, if you'd like to use HTTP Basic Authentication, just pull out the Fetch from URL module, click the down-arrow in the upper right-hand corner of it, and check the box next to 'HTTP Basic Auth'.

Similarly, for custom HTTP headers, there's also an option to check for that ("Custom HTTP headers").

Admin, if you don't know the answer to something, just say so (or hire someone who does). By leading people to believe the answer is simply "no", you make your product (you know, the one we're paying thousands of dollars to use) inferior by leading people to believe that functionality doesn't exist when it really does.

Our apologies, we thought you were referring to the Developer API because this is the Developer API forum. In our documentation, the Developers' API refers to our REST webservice that allows users to queue outbound calls and upload/download to simple database without using our web interface.

Yes, we support basic HTTP authentication and custom HTTP headers in our Fetch from URL module.

Again, we apologize for the misunderstanding. In the future, please post questions about the QuickFuse app in the general "Questions" forum, as this Developer API forum is only for queuing outbound calls.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team