Topic: Getting URL rather than MP3 content

At certain points in calls form QF--don't know is it's random or consistent--we are getting the computer reading out the URL of the recording rather than getting the content of the MP3 recording. Why would this be happening? Will keep testing to see if it's always at the same place.

Re: Getting URL rather than MP3 content

It looks like, in one case that I've tracked down, the wrong URL for the mp3 got downloaded via SOAP to our webservice and saved to our DB.  I don't know if that's happening in a consistent manner or not. Will check further here.

I'm confused. The URL of the recordings that appears in the simple DB record of acquiring the recording seems to be consistently different from the URL of that recording that's getting downloaded and then saved in our DB. Yet, as far as I've been able to tell, they're the same recording.

So apparently when a recorded message gets used in a new app, it gets a new URL. Is this new URL linked to the original recording or to a copy of the recording?

Hi,

How are you reproducing this issue?

We've found that when using a stored recorded message from a previous in a new application and storing that within a new application that the URL for the audio file remains the same.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

See reply at "Over amplification of  recording" thread under "Bugs", as these issues seem related.

Hi,

Our developers have just encountered your issue and are currently coming up with a solution.

Thanks for all the continued details and help you've provided for this topic.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Has this been fixed?

We believe the adjustments we made recently will address your issue.

Previously, every time a recording was used in an Insert into Database, Update Database, or SOAP Webservice module, it was uploaded to the server and a new audio URL was created.  Now, we only do this the first time, and retain the same URL for subsequent operations.

This should prevent the problem where you are getting a few different URLs for the same recording.

Also, we've made some tweaks to the audio gain so that recordings do not clip--we'll address that in the other thread.

Hope this helps,
The QuickFuse Team