Topic: Emailing or texting voice recording (or URL)

I'd like to be able to allow users who call into the system to leave a message if they're having issues, which would then be forwarded on to customer service, but I'm not able to transmit either the voice recording as an attachment or even the URL to the voice recording by email or SMS. Is this even possible or would it need to be retrieved from the db with our data shuttle and then processed on our end?

Thank you kindly. This forum has been most helpful, and is certainly a great resource.

Edit: I do have the functionality to send email and SMS, but I basically just get a blank message unless I type in other text besides the recording.

Last edited by tgulley@●●●○○ (2013-01-16 14:48:26)

Re: Emailing or texting voice recording (or URL)

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately the SMS and email modules can only send text, not audio files. You'll have to insert the audio file to your own DB and process from your end.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Thank you for the clarification. (And I did receive notification of your reply this time, so thanks for taking a look at that.)

Is there a way to retrieve the URL instead of the MP3 itself though? I tried saving the recording to the db, which it looks like it just saving the URL, but if I try to retrieve it again, say based on the ANI, I get a semantic error. But I think I must be missing something.

Last edited by tgulley@●●●○○ (2013-01-17 13:14:19)

Hi Tim,

Can you share the specific app with us and explain exactly where in the app you're having this issue? When you save the recording to a database, what's inserted is the URL text, so when you retrieve the "recording", you should expect to receive a URL.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Sure, no problem. It's actually already shared with you, and it's called 'Test App'. I've tried various implementations, but as it stands now, I get the recording, store it to the db with the ANI to identify the row. Then I turn around and try to pull the URL back out of the db and then email it to a test email address. But it errors out when I hit the part that tries to retrieve the URL. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is one of the final pieces to a larger app that I'm working on, so I should soon be out of your hair, but I do appreciate all the assistance. It's been a great benefit and is a factor in the purchasing decision.

We called into your app, left a message and received an email with the proper QuickFuse audio URL. We were unable to reproduce the issue.

Can you list step by step what the caller has to do to reproduce this error?

You're right, it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what the issue was, but as long as it doesn't pop up again, that works for me! Thanks for taking a look :-)