Topic: Toll free Number giving busy signals or stating disconnected/serv

Good afternoon,

This is an urgent matter for us. We are getting calls from the Texas and Alabama area (so far) that are stating the toll free number being used for our PFSIVR app (866-996-2876) is either ringing busy when called or stating the number is disconnected and not in service.

We have called the number to test, but on our end it rings and accesses the app. But due to the numerous calls this has now become a high priority issue.

If you recall, we actually own the number and it was ported over to you. Please address ASAP.

Thanks

Re: Toll free Number giving busy signals or stating disconnected/serv

Hi Marc,

This seems like a carrier issue to us. In order to investigate, we'll need the following information:

1. The phone numbers of the people calling and the busy signal/error message
2. The timestamps of when they called

These timestamps must be within the last 24 hours for our carrier to trace the calls. Please feel free to email this information to quickfusebeta@●○●●● instead of posting it here.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Good afternoon,

The email address you provided above, will it work with the dots? Or did it come across in era

Hi,

The dots are plumgroup.com. We intentionally hide parts that look like an e-mail address to prevent user names from being exposed.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Thanks. Sending you the details of a call just received per the above issue. Thanks

Hi,

We have reported the details from your e-mail to our carrier to look into this issue and will report back on what we hear from them.

Please continue to send us any further call details as you receive them. Also, if you could please clarify:

1) When your callers experience a busy signal, is it a fast busy (they receive a busy signal as soon as they call in) or a slow busy (they hear a couple of rings before experiencing the busy signal)?

2) Please provide the time zone of the time periods you report. Are they CST (Texas) or EST (Alabama)?

3) Regarding the customers that experience a disconnect, where are they experiencing the disconnect? Is it as soon as they call into the application? Or is there a specific module within the application where they're experiencing the disconnect?

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

The busy signal is received as soon as they call in. I am not sure of the speed of the busy signal. The time zone per the one I forwarded is CST.

Per the disconnect within the app, I will gather the data upon receipt.

If you wish, we can have the customer who is in the area that is experiencing the busy signal three way you and I via the phone so we can hear first had. Let me know.

Thanks

Good morning,

The customer mentioned above is still receiving the busy signal. Any resolution on the matter?

Other customers are saying the same, but the client has not been able to capture the details. I will have a call with the above customer today to hear for myself.

Hi Marc,

Our carrier has reported back and were unable to trace any of the calls you had reported yesterday and the day before.

However, we currently still have a ticket open with them regarding this issue, so if you continue to receive more call examples from your client, please provide them to us along with the details mentioned in the previous posts.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

I see. Not sure how they would trace the call any way due to the fact the caller receives an immediate busy signal. So tracing the call would be done/attempted how?

What needs to be done is to have the carrier get on a conference call with us so we can have the customer call via her work or cell phone so they can hear for themselves. She and others are unable to access the IVR application because of this.

As stated a trace will not work, due to the fact there is nothing to trace. Researching the area, the phone ports, etc may be best.

If you recall, I opened a case a month or so ago about the same issue in Ohio area. They just stopped using the system.

Last but not least, who is the carrier for our toll free number? We never had this issue before we transferred over.

Thanks

Hi Marc,

As mentioned earlier, our carrier ran a trace and have not seen any calls from 972-XXX-XXXX (the phone number you had reported to us via e-mail) on their network for 866-996-2876. This points to the originating carrier as the source of the problem, as the calls are never reaching our carrier.

Could you please have your client check with their carrier regarding this issue?

As an FYI, this link, http://www.wyrlessweb.com/troubleshooti … calls.html, may be helpful in providing further perspective to this issue.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Interesting article but I don't think it applies to this situation. As stated, it is happening with land lines also. Additionally, this was never an issue when the toll free number was pointing to our previous IVR. And you are correct and my thoughts exactly, your carrier cannot trace the call  on their network. This is because the caller cannot enter their network.

To really diagnose this issue, can you have your carrier contact me so we can discuss and test live? obviously there is some sought of issue that occurred when the number was ported over. I say this because land and cell phone users in OH, AL, and TX used the IVR with no issue before it was ported over.

Hi Marc,

We're checking with our carrier again to see if there's any strange routing protocols within their network that may be preventing calls from reaching your toll-free number, 866-996-2876. Also, please note that we had only received one set of call examples (from one phone number) for this issue (972-XXX-XXXX for the TX area).

However, you should have your client contact their carrier as well, as the calls themselves are unable to reach our carrier's network from the originating carrier.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team

Hi Marc,

Our carrier was able to reach out to the local exchange carrier (LEC) from the 972 area code and have reported that the LEC has added the route to the toll-free number, 866-966-2876, so traffic should now be reaching the toll-free number from the 972 area.

Regards,
The QuickFuse Team