Topic: restResult URL Posting

We have this table set to post to our lead system via the restResult URL posting.

The post PARAM is straight forward, I understand thats the mapping name: eg Legal_Category or First_Name, etc.

However, how do we change the syntax for the post VALUE.  We have drop down options to connect it to another's tables menu options, but how do we control the syntax its posted as?

For example: We have a subtree under family law that might say....Press 1 for divorce, 2 for child support, or 3 for child custody.

How do we link to this but have it post to our database as "Family Law: Divorce", "Family Law: Child Support", or "Family Law: Child Custody" which is what our backoffice system expects for the incoming mapping?

Thanks

Re: restResult URL Posting

You should use the Multiple Choice module and select "Set results to keyword" under the module's menu. Then, under the "Or say" column, enter the result you want POSTed to your database, like "Family Law: Divorce" etc. In the REST module, you should assign the POST value to the whatever you named your Multiple Choice module.

My concern is what if we don't want to read "Family Law: Divorce" as the option, but only want to read out loud on the IVR "Divorce"...but still want it to post as "Family Law: Divorce"?

Just to clarify, we don't WANT whats read ALOUD to be the exact same was what we need posted SYNTAX wise.  What we need posted to our database might not be user friendly or practical if read aloud on the IVR system.  Does that make sense?  I think this is the last roadblock we have with the system we are trying to work through.

eg.  We might want "Auto Accidents" read allowed on the IVR system....but want our database requires it to be posted as the much more lengthy: Personal Injury: Auto Accidents

Under the multiple choice module, you must enter what you want said to the user. However, after the multiple choice module, you can use the Concatenate module (found under Variables and Math) to add whatever words you need to the result.