Topic: Custom Audio Messages

I have been asked to develop an application that potential customers can call into and hear a custom pre-recorded audio message based on what prompts they choose.  However, I want to be able to upload these audio messages dynamically (via API or simliar) as the messages will change periodically. 

What I would like to do is give my users the ability to record their own audio messages and then be able to upload into Fuse using an application (outside of Plum Fuse) that I write that will upload the audio file into Fuse.  Another workable option is to have Fuse be able to access and play the audio file stored somewhere else on a web accessible server.

I am open to any scenario where I can play audio messages to my callers that does not require me or my users to go into the developer side of fuse and manually record/upload files.

If this is possible, please let me know.  Thanks

Re: Custom Audio Messages

Hi Ben,

There's no API that allows users to upload audio into their Fuse application. Fuse also does not support the ability to play audio files from a URL.

When you use the recording module and send the result variable to your webservice, you are actually sending a string URL where you may download that audio file. However, that's only half of what you want to accomplish. Once you have that audio file, Fuse does not support a way to use that audio file without you logging in and uploading that file.