Topic: Post Call Transfer Drop - Fuse

Is there any way to determine what could cause (and fix) intermittent call dropping post call transfer?

What happens is, customers call into our system and use the GUI app...the customer's call is then redirected to a 3rd party external phone number based on customer's input. The 3rd party end user says they see the call incoming, they answer the call but 2 seconds later the call is ended.

The situation was replicated back to back.

What can we do to troubleshoot and fix?

**UPDATE: I think the issue is that the call progress moves from 'transfer' to 'end call' in our app at the moment the 3rd party answers the call. In fact, the call progress should remain on 'transfer' during the duration of the call. It should move to 'end call' when either the customer or 3rd party actually completes and ends the call. Why is this?˜w

Re: Post Call Transfer Drop - Fuse

Hi Sam,

Please share your application with this account (admin), and list step by step how to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Plum Support

Hi Admin,

I have shared the application with 'admin'.  The problem does not always occur, however here are the steps I took when I had the error.

Steps to reproduce problem are:
-Call into application using phone number that is assigned to the application.
-Speak City & State when prompted (try Richmond Virginia) or Westminster Colorado area (there should be a locksmith/3rd party in the area)
-Speak street address when prompted (try 7100 Patterson avenue) or any address in Westminster Colorado area.
Let the system take over and route you to correct external 3rd party.

When the 3rd party answers, the phone will sometimes cut off and that is the issue.

Thank you, please let me know what you find as soon as possible.
Sam

Hi Sam,

We weren't able to reliably reproduce the problem either. Can you answer the following:

1. Do you have specific timestamps of transfers that failed so we can trace the logs?
2. Are there specific callers where transfers always fail for them? If so, what are their phone numbers and do you know if they are on cell phones/landlines/VoIP/etc?
3. Are there specific locksmiths where when a call is transferred to them, it always fails? If so, do you know what kind of phone they are using/what carrier?

You may PM this message if you don't want to reveal your user's phone numbers on this forum.

Regards,
Fuse Support

Hi Admin,

I did a test at 10:42am EST today, the call failed.  The user answered but call did not connect, it just failed.

The user did say he uses At&t cell phone.  Not VOIP.

Feel free to use the address 801 North St, McSherrystown, PA 17344.  The call should forward to a 717 phone number.

Sam

Hi Sam,

During our debugging, we called the 717 number a couple times and spoke with one of your clients. They said the number was a Google Voice number that forwards to their AT&T cell phone. Unfortunately, Google Voice is not completely reliable, that's why the transfers are intermittently failing. We recommend asking your client for a non Google Voice, and non VoIP phone number.

Regards,
Fuse Support